Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Rushmore: My take of Director of Photography

After reading the script for Rushmore by Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson, I had a vision as the role of director of photography.  As the director of photography, I am in charge of composing the shots, the effects of lighting, all while working with the cinematographer and director in order to get the movie to look like how they want. The DP helps create shots during production in order to capture the director’s vision.

The look I envision when composing each scene from the script would be in an overall warm and nostalgic tone. The script seems to emphasize a lot on Max’s shortcomings and how he managed to deal with his problems. I get feelings of nostalgia and innocence as Max continues his daily adventures at school in his youth.  I want a lot of natural sunlight in each scene to show the events that take place in someone’s childhood memory.  
Mr. Blume's 1996 Bentley Turbo R LWB

The pacing for the script felt quick and full of subtle information. With that in mind, I was planning on focusing on mostly just one subject matter at a time with exceptions to extreme long shots of environments and purposefully composed shots. A lot of the scenes and shots for Rushmore would be fast paced and gets the point across for the actor, action and stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment