Tuesday, December 1, 2015

10 Books

From what I learned in Literature and Media Studies is a better understanding of how ideas are translated onto different mediums. This class helped me appreciate literature more because of all the good books we read and discussed in class. Some notable works were The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and Sleep Donation by Karen Russell. Being an individual that doesn’t read books often, its never because I don’t enjoy reading. In a world where time is limited and there are plenty of books to be read, it is hard to stumble upon a literary work that is interesting for me.

From my last experience with books before this class would be in high school. Some books I remember reading is Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Lord of the Flies by William Golding, Animal Farm by George Orwell and the short story I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison. I know I have read more than that in my life but these works are significant to me.


Some books that I have heard of but didn’t read yet and would like to read includes A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. A book I remember reading but didn’t finish is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. A lot of my book choices are often from other people’s recommendations and a lot of the books I read are pretty old. I find that good writing is recognized a while after it is written which makes it hard to find good books written recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment